International Family Law - Presentation
Maud Coudrais deals with international family law, particularly in the following fields:
- International marriages and agreements
- International divorces and separations
- International successions
- Enforcement of foreign orders and judgments
- International child relocation
- International child abduction
- International adoptions
If the facts of a case are linked to a foreign legal order, such as nationality or geographical location, the specific rules of private international law must be implemented. The legal jurisdiction and relevant law must be determined. In some cases, the French judge may be required to apply foreign legislation. In litigation of this type expert knowledge of the mechanisms specific to private international law is essential.
Maud Coudrais relies, if necessary, on colleagues with whom she has built relationships of trust, especially in Italy, either to implement foreign law or to intervene directly before the courts of the country concerned.